Tuesday 30 October 2012

Creepy pumpkins and happy ghosts...

Well. That has been some time, no? Can you believe it's Halloween??!!! I don't even know where it has gone, that's the scary thing! It's been a bit of an adventure in cakery, I can tell you that much...


Things are going well over at the Bakehouse and I am loving being able to bake and decorate more. The decorating is of course the best part, and I have been learning so much from reading other blogs and Facebook pages and so on.


But here is a confession. I have always been somewhat of a secretive baker but I love it when people share techniques and ideas so willingly with me, and of course my decorating has grown a lot from that. So… I plan to be doing a lot more blogging next year and sharing tutorials, recipes and how tos with you.


If by any chance you have liked my Facebook page, you'll know that I plot lots of things each week for my followers ~ just to keep you guys entertained! We all get together on a Wednesday evening to look at other people's cake pages and find new friends; on Thursday there is  ¨·*°·*°¨*¤ .¸¸.*˚° The weekly crumbs °˚*。.¸¸.¤*¨°*·°*·¨ which can be something exciting in the land of cake, a bit of laughter and fun or an amazing cake to look at. 

And this week I've just launched Bakers' Secrets, which will feature a tutorial for something useful in cake making or decorating every Tuesday. It started off with a tutorial on how to make an extremely real looking pumpkin cupcake topper by the lovely Calli from Callicious Cakes. It's a fun tutorial and is perfectly timed for the spookiness of Halloween!


© Callicious Cakes

This is the link to the tutorial if you'd like to try out the pumpkin for yourself:


I'd love to see some pictures of how you get on, please feel free to post them here!

See you soon,

Lxx

No comments:

Post a Comment